A little naughty – Billboard

This is an old South Pacific joke – referring to the traditional flower ‘lei’ in rather different terms! My hat goes off to the advertising company, as this certainly got my attention. Seen on Moorhouse Avenue.

get-laid-d.jpg

lol! 😀 That is a funny play on words.

Oh my is it the 2nd already down there? Clocks went back here last weekend and I guess yours went forward — there is something very odd about your “Live traffic feed” – it used to always seem to indicate that I was coming from Welwyn Garden City, Norfolk and now it logs me as Stamford, Nottinghamshire. I don’t know how it works and I’m sure you don’t either. I always thought it was based on the location of the ISP’s server. Although they are based in Southampton I didn’t find it odd that their server could be based in another location but the database is very much in error as Welwyn Garden City is in Hertfordshire not Norfolk and Stamford is in Lincolnshire not Nottinghamshire. It is a bit like placing Christchurch in Coromandel or Ortago instead of Canterbury.

I did a double-take because I apostrophe caught my eye in “lai'”. Then I read your explanation and understood. But hey, it’s a brilliant billboard!

joy
    Norwich Daily Photo

• admin
    10 years ago

Hi Gerald,

The NZ government changed day light saving time this year so it started a week or two earlier (everyone wanted a longer summer!). It was the fastest past legislation ever in my opinion.

I’m also away on holiday for a few days so I’ve been testing scheduling posts – and it works a treat – I changed the date stamp to be a certain date and time is just after midnight. So while I am sleeping my blog updates itself. How cool is that!

Yes, I don’t have a clue about the live traffic feed, all I know is I am addicted to it! It fascinates me – I am always amazed at how people land on my blog from Google. As a search engine optimizer for a living I take extra interest in this, and would highly recommend a blog over a traditional website!

caught my eye as well..great advertising!

Oh, another kiwi blog!!! thats good mate, you go direct to my links. Nice pics, even if I didn’t catch the joke. Agh, I should have been born in an English speaking country, but I’m a spaniard, so nothing to do.

Take look at my blog, http://the-dream-trip.blogspot.com. I’m going to NZ next September so I’ll refer people to your blog when they ask me the typical WHAT’S THERE?? ITS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!!!