Vintage Wedding Car

vintage-wedding-car-bardbad.jpg

I had spotted three vintage wedding cars driving down Bealey Avenue as I was on my way to grab some lunch . I thought ‘wow they’d make a great shot pity I’m driving!’. Well, wouldn’t you know it, 20 minutes later I’m going down Barbadoes Street and there are the three vintage cars parked outside the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. I pulled over and the three drivers were sitting there waiting for the wedding service to be over. I took my snaps and went on my way, and only then it occurred to me to ask what model the cars are! So if you are one of the drivers please leave a comment (or anyone else who knows for that matter!).

vintage-cars-3.jpg

Its a beautiful photograph!
    I must admit, anytime I see a vintage car of such beauty, I start drooling and compulsively reach for my camera. The Cathedral is such a suitable backdrop to!

Cheers!

• Chris Bell
    9 years ago

Nash 1929 as per number plate 420 series single 6
    the brown car 1928 dodge victory 6
    the blue car graham paige 1929

Thanks Chris,

Let me know if you’d like a larger copy of the photo.

• Chris
    9 years ago

Hi Chris Bell; Would love to get a photo of the Nash
    to frame. Thanks please contact me

• I was looking for top quality transport for my wedding day from a local, reliable operator, and no further here I got Vintage Wedding Cars. So, overall I’m very happy and grateful to the chauffeurs that provides such a fabulous car. I would say please let me know if any other modification is there. Thanks for the photographs!

• Mrco
    8 years ago

I absolutely LOVE these old cars. I was about to mention the “coincidence” behind the license plate being partially the model of it. Chris beat me to it though.

Antique for the win!

• Boio John
    8 years ago

Hi. I’m getting married next year and it’s my intentions to use a vintage car or cars for transport. If you know the people who own these cars or operate as a business, could you please pass my email address on to them to contact me or if you would let me have their details, I would be more than happy to contact them. Or could the owner(s) of the cars please get in touch with me if you see my message.

• Frances
    8 years ago

Hi,
    Similarly we are getting married in March 2010 and would love to use these cars for our transport. I’d really appreciate it if you would pass on my email to the owners/chauffers so they can contact me. Thanks heaps.

• Megan
    8 years ago

Hi

I love these cars. Can you please also provide my email address to the owners as would love them for wedding cars in February 2010. Thanks so much!

• Michelle
    8 years ago

Hi,

Ditto. Getting married in Christchurch September 2010 and would love contact details for the owners/chauffers.

Cheers,
    Michelle

• john
    8 years ago

hi i would like a larger picture of the vintage.by

• vicky bhardwaj
    8 years ago

I want to drive these vintag wedding car.Please tell me what is the rate of this car for rental purpose.

• dave
    7 years ago

Hi
    Are these original photos high quality
    We produce our our calendar and try to incorporate local scenes.
    The Catholic Cathedral is one I have struggled to get.
    Lets know
    Dave

I do have hi resolution copies if you’d like one let me know.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! I get excited by all things antiques, but in preferentially engagement rings.

• Jess
    7 years ago

Do you have the name of the car hire company?
    Cheers

Hi Jess, it was a private company, and I wasn’t able to get there details. Perhaps try some vintage clubs in Christchurch and they might know who it belongs to.