Sheep, Rapaki Track

scary-sheep

They really amuse me for some reason. Sometimes, they can be very challenging and a little bit toey. They think you’re up to no good, and really look like they are judging you!

Check out this link to the classic NZ TV show “A Dog’s Show

I have to admit that I had to look up the meaning of toey. There were two basic definitions, one is extremely anxious or nervous, the other extremely sexually aroused. Hmm, now which one did you mean? Is that a southern hemisphere expression or am I so old that it totally slipped by me? Regardless, I really like the sheep all lined up and walking down the road.

I love your sheep photo! If I can’t sleep tonight, I’ll come back and count sheep …

And I was thinking he was being so nice posing for you!
    I like how they’re walking single file on the road. My mom would’ve approved.
    🙂

Oh, they are so cute. I love sheep…especially their wool! Makes for knitting some lovely things.

Analysed by a sheep – I like it!!
    Good lord – I never knew ‘toey’ had TWO meanings … will utter with care in future …

Wow, I had no idea it had other definitions. Looked it up, and it’s Aussie / Kiwi slang for ‘on the move or restless’ – uusally in relation to stock. Which is pretty apt for sheep! I think I may have watched a few too many episodes of ‘A Dog’s Show’ as a kid (it was televised sheep trials where dogs herd sheep up hills and through a myriad of gates and posts). Very typical early 8o’s tv fare in NZ! Am I’m sure there were plenty of references to toey sheep on that show, in fact I recall quite a few foot stomping sheep as well.

Thanks for clearing that up. I’ll be sure to use it only in the polite company of an Aussie or Kiwi!