A Photo a Day of Christchurch New Zealand

Ferrymead Terrace

2013-11-07-17

Looks more like a country lane doesn’t it? The grass is getting rather long here and also several strips by Bridle Path Road – we’ve had such a warm spring with plenty of rain as well – so everything is growing a lot.

2013-11-07-17.29

The lovely Bridle Path Road – it’s quite picturesque. Though I always wonder why they mow the park and not the bit on the other side?

About the Author:

Michelle

Michelle is a Christchurch web designer and photography fan living in Christchurch New Zealand.

1. Stefan Jansson on November 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Very green. We have the same situation in Haninge when it mow lawns in parks and elsewhere.

2. Robert on November 8, 2013 at 11:48 pm

I see that urban berm mowing (or lack thereof) is catching on. Soon people may get creative and start casting handfuls of wildflowers seeds into such places to tag them in a brighter natural way 🙂

Oh, and I see your favourite autumn time tree (all green now) featured at the centre of the lower photo too!

• Michelle on November 9, 2013 at 9:11 am

A little guerilla gardening might be in order I think!

• Robert on November 9, 2013 at 7:44 pm

We might be on to something here as it would be great for the wildflower seed businesses and the photos that people snap would lend a great boost for NZ tourism too!

3. Lee on November 8, 2013 at 11:51 pm

The CCC has introduce new regulations regarding mowing. Have you noticed that the park in your picture has been looking “half mown” for the last few weeks, as opposed to its usual lovely looking self? They are now just whacking grass at about 6 inches and leaving the clippings on the grass as they fall. Really disappointing I feel. Makes it almost impossible for the littlies and the oldies to walk in, very unsure footing. My four year said as we were walking round McCormacks Bay Park, “Can you pick me up? I can’t walk through this hay!”

• Michelle on November 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

I didn’t know this… think it’s a fairly silly regulation. And I think it’s a fire hazard around the hills…we already had someone set the toi toi trees alight once.

4. Gemma Wiseman on November 10, 2013 at 11:21 am

Such a beautiful setting. The grass scenario is interesting. On my Mornington Peninsula, grass by roads could be the responsibility of road authorities rather than council. It seems to be a shred arrangement but not highly effective.